Saturday 24 May 2014

Review: L'Oreal true match mineral foundation

After trying out a few different posts recently I have decided to treat you to a more traditional post.  A good old review of a product I have been loving!



I have never been a massive fan of mineral makeup and it's hardly the highstreet's strong point but after giving this baby a go, I don't think I will ever look back.
I presume I am not the only one who puts on their base at 7, half asleep with poor lighting and then after a few hours of working in fairly warm conditions looks in the mirror to find a slightly shiny, un-perfected face.  Only me?  This is where mineral makeup plays a key role!  Powders naturally combat shine and the foundation part gives you that extra coverage you might need to blur everything out.  This foundation doesn't come with the common 'cakey' misconception associated with mineral makeup but provides a natural coverage.
I now always keep this in my makeup bag (or 'pouch' as I like to call it) for midday touch ups or to add a bit of extra coverage when I need it.

The little brush does come in very handy when you are in a tiff, albeit a little scratchy but I just take another one with me anyway (more specifically, the real techniques buffing brush).

This foundation is 95% minerals and perfume and preservative free, making it ideal for every skin type.  However, it makes it a little pricer than your average highstreet foundation at £15.

A quick warning: Don't apply this on top of your foundation as a powder straight away!  It leaves it looking really cakey.

Have you tried this?  What is your opinion on mineral makeup?

2 comments:

  1. love your blog! thank you for stopping by over at mine :) I didn’t know this makeup existed! I’m recently in love with the L’OReal True Match liquid foundation, I am so going to try this! thanks for the review :) just followed your blog on bloglovin, I’d love it if you did the same :)

    xx Aly
    xoalyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have just followed you back, your blog is so lovely too! :) xx

      Delete

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!