In a few weeks a load of you will be getting your A-Level results, if you're anything like me then you will be super nervous but also so happy that school is finally over and you can start planning what you're going to do! If you decide to go to University (and I seriously recommend you do!) I have composed a list of things that you need to take! Uni is full of new experiences and hopefully, these items will make it that bit easier.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Slippers - I never used to wear slippers but honestly I wouldn't be without them at Uni. The kitchen floor will be gross and you won't remember the last time someone hoovered, they're also great when you're running between flats too! Next do some really cute slippers
- A doorstop - Seriously. Buy a doorstop. This is the best way to get to know your flatmates and be sociable. And you will want to have your door open more than you might think so seriously, don't forget a doorstop!
- Fairy lights - the main light in my room in halls was an overly bright, fluorescent light which I almost never turned on. So I brought a bedside lamp, desk lamp and more importantly, fairy lights which made my room a lot cosier. Also, everyone will be very jealous when you have gorgeous fairy lights draped around your room!
- A printer - Okay, you don't need a printer at Uni because your library will have loads for you to use. However, I found it very useful to have one in my room to print off lecture slides and last minute assignments.
- A mattress topper - I was lucky enough to be given a new mattress and mattress topper when I moved in but if not you might find it a bit gross to sleep on the same mattress as who-knows-how-many-people and it makes the mattress comfier too!
- Photos - As soon as I arrived at Uni, I filled my huge notice board with photos of friends, family and pets. Gradually over the year, the board became filled with Uni memories too. I found that you can actually print your photos fairly cheaply at Boots which allowed me to keep printing them throughout the year.
- Plants - Okay, granted I'm not the best at taking care of my plants. I managed to kill two cacti in my first year (and everyone says it's impossible!) but they bring so much life and colour to your otherwise quite dull room.
- Comfortable clothes - I think I spend more time at Uni in a pair of trackies and a t-shirt or hoodie than I do in actual clothes. So before you move into your new place, make sure you are well stocked with PJs and anything comfy.
- Shower basket - I wasn't sure the best way to describe these things but you know the ones that stick to your wall like a basket and hold your shampoo, body wash and the rest of it? Yeah, one of those! My first-year accommodation had the tiniest showers and there was no room to put all the crap I use in the shower so my basket-thing has been a life saver.
So there you go, my life-saving tips for freshers! Let me know if you liked this post because I've got a few more planned, and if you're off to uni this Autumn let me know where you're going! Good luck Freshers!