Saturday 28 September 2013

Nivea in-shower moisteriser review.

So in-shower moisterisers have been a new discovery for 2013 and I thought that I ought to give one a go.
I heard about the Nivea one through a variety of blogs and my grandma couldn't get enough of this stuff, so when I saw this one was half price in Superdrug, I had to give it a go!






I have to say, I love the idea of this product.  I am rubbish at remembering to moisterise after I shower and hate waiting for it to sink in so this seemed like a great product for me.
I bought the one for normal skin because I don't have particularly dry skin, this one has the classic Nivea scent.  The one for dry skin comes in a blue bottle and has an almond scent.  The consistancy is really creamy and smooth and the packaging keeps the product and my shower clean.

The idea is that you apply this after you have used body wash, while still in the shower, then rinse it off afterwards.  
Unfortunately, can't join in with all of the hype about these products because I really don't enjoy using this.  I find that when I apply this it makes my skin feel really smooth in the shower, but when I dry my skin it feels sticky and leaves a sort of residue on my skin which makes it tricky to get dressed afterwards.  After quite a few hours my skin defiantly feels softer and smoother, but the residue really annoys me and I find that my Vaseline cocoa butter body lotion does a much better job.  I have been using this for over a month now and I can't find a way to make it work, I have tried only using a pea sized amount for a whole arm and rinsing it off for ages!
Therefore, I think that the claim that this is 'absorbed quickly' it far off the truth and that this product is not what I wanted at all.
I also find that when using this, a lot of it ends up down the plug and not on my skin which seems like such a waste.

Overall, I am not impressed by this and I think I will stick to normal moisterisers in the future.

Can someone please let me know if I am using this incorrectly.
Have you tried this?  If so, what do you think?

Em x.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!