Friday 20 September 2013

little black dress perfume review.

A couple of years back, I bought the purse size of this perfume and It was love at first sniff!
AVON is a great place to buy perfume from as a teen because I can always find a deal on them and that is how I discovered this perfume.  Its the ideal Autumn/winter scent in my opinion.







I think that scent is a very personal thing and you need to bear in mind before buying a perfume, that it will smell slightly different on everyone because the scent will mix with your body's pH.  So if a perfume smells amazing on your friend, it might not smell the same on you so try before you buy.

As you can see, the bottle for 'little black dress' is very simple and classic, I think it makes the perfume seem higher quality.  It's not a showstopper for your vanity like some bottles, but I really like the simplicity of the packaging. 
I also love the name, 'little black dress', it shows that this is a classic and sophisticated scent.  It also subtlety suggests that this is an evening scent but personally I wear this in the daytime too.

Before I start describing, I am not a perfume expert so my scent-describing-skills are not great i'm afraid but I will try my best!
I think that this scent is really sophisticated and classic, it defiantly has some sweeter notes but it's not sickly.  I reckon its a floral scent too, but not light or summer-ish.
  Oh dear, I hope that was helpful!  All I can really say accurately is that I LOVE this perfume!  If I could only wear one perfume for the rest of my life it would be this one, I think it's appropriate for anyone from 15/16 and up.

My only downside to this perfume is that I don't find it particularly long lasting and if I put it on in the morning it needs topping up, at least by lunch. I find that more expensive perfumes tend to last longer, but that hasn't put me off!

Unfortunately because it is from AVON you have to order it via cataloge which means you wont be able to test it (sorry, i'm such a hypocrite)  but AVON do have scratch-and-sniff pages so you can smell this to some extent. 

See if you can give this a try, I would love to hear what you think because I can barely find anyone who knows about this hidden treasure.  Defiantly worth a sniff!

Em x

little black dress - £13 (buy here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!