Sunday 11 August 2013

Revlon Lip Butter Review

It's been too long!  How have you been?
So I know I'm a bit slow on the bandwagon with these but I have been loving my Revlon Lip Butters recently!






I have admired these lip butters for years after seeing so many amazing reviews however, the younger me never really needed them as she thought brightly coloured lips looked too old on her and she wasn't allowed to wear these to school.  
Now these are perfect for me!  They are essentially a cross between a lipstick and a lip balm, this means they are great for daytime wear because they are so sheer however, you can build them up to make a lipstick-like colour whilst still having the hydrating factor.  Ahh, so versatile!  
As expected, these do need re-applying more often than a lipstick, I find that these can last a couple of hours before they need topping up, but with eating and drinking in the mix, a more regular application works better. 

I am so happy I bought these colours!  These could be too daring in a lipstick form, however the lip butters are so wearable!  Orange lipstick can be a beauty risk, however I think Tutti Frutti is sheer enough to get away with and when it's applied really lightly it makes a gorgeous coral colour without washing you out.  Sorbet is just perfect for the summer, it can be really bright but I found if you simply just dab it on your lips or apply a thin layer it creates a natural flush.

Overall, I can not get enough of these!  They have great formulas but you don't have to pay the hefty price of higher end makeup.  I am really looking forward to wearing them to my new sixth form in September, I might have to buy more colours . . . 

Em x

Revlon lip butters are £7.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!