Saturday, 1 March 2014

Goodies from Italia + photos

So, if you read my most recent post, you might have picked up on the fact that last week I was in Italy!
It's somewhere that I have always dreamed of going and when an opportunity to visit popped up at school, I didn't have to think twice!




My first goodie was actually from Gatwick North Terminal Airport (technically in the UK).  As soon as I got through security I almost raced to the MAC counter, I was originally searching for their lipstick in 'patteserie' only to find out that it is only sold on the highstreet (bummer).  Anyway, I searched for the next best thing and came out with 'brave' a typical 'my-lips-but-better' shade which really suits me.  I think I actually prefer this one as it is a satin finish, therefore semi-matte.  If you didn't know, I am in fact a no-gloss-girl so this suits me better than a creme sheen formula.

We visited Sorrento first, along with Capri Island, Mount Visuvious and Pompei.  It was absolutely beautiful but unfortunately no shopping bits here.  Enjoy some photo's instead!







Then, a 3 hour drive to Rome.  Where do I start?  I am usually not a city-break sort of gal but Rome had me head over heels.  First off, the architecture is stunning, if you have never visited it is worth a drive through just to see the amazing buildings dotted throughout the city.











The shopping. We had a fair few opportunities to go shopping in Rome, and lets say, I think I spent my money wisely.  My first stop was one of the many pharmacies in Italy, after a bit of rooting around I found the bioderma section and picked up a generous 500ml bottle.  Although this has just become available in selected places within the UK, it is still cheaper to buy it in Europe, I bought mine for €17.90 which is approximately £14.70.
Next stop; KIKO.  (The same one as seen in essiebutton's vlog here) A brand new favourite, the most impressive thing about this place is it's prices.  It has it's own little shop which is layed out just like a high-end shop would, the quality and packaging of these products is outstanding.  Seriously impressed.  I picked up four nail lacquers, unfortunately without names. A bright green, cornflour blue (€2.90 each), and then a dark grey from the 'quick dry' range and a 'laser' polish which was in the sale section (€1.90 each).  Also in the sale section I spotted the hair serums for a number of hair types, I chose the 'reguvinating serum' (€4.90) and I have already fallen in love with it.  Smells great, smooths out everything, works as a heat protectant and reduces split ends.  Perfect!   Finally, I couldn't keep my hands off the skincare range (it's oh-so-pretty) and just had to pick up the purifying mask (€5.90).  I love clay masks but I'm not so sure about this one because it has small, grainy pieces in it but I have only used it once so watch this space for the verdict.

Don't forget to leave any suggestions in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!