Wednesday 15 July 2015

YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE SHINE





Let me introduce you to my favourite summer lipstick; YSL Rouge Volupte Shine - Shade 15, Coral Intuitive.

I was gifted this gorgeous lipstick at Christmas and was so thrilled with it, but now its summer and this lipstick has really come into its own.  Firstly, how beautiful is this packaging?  This is my first and only YSL product and lets just say I love carrying this around in my bag (as you can see from all the scratches) and staring at it because its just that gorgeous!  But anyway, aside from the shiny luxurious packaging, the product inside is just as stunning.  The range of Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks are the sheerer of YSL's lipsticks, they are designed to give a dazzling colour whilst also offering a luminous shine and comfort, and they don't disappoint.  This lipstick applies so smoothly and easily straight from the bullet and gives a wash of peachy pink/coral colour to the lips.  I'm obsessed with these sorts of colours, they look so natural but add a pop of pretty colour.  I'm also aware that these could be seen as just a glorified tinted lip balm, but what really separates them is the more pigmented formula and silky smooth texture as well as being very moisterising and comfortable.  However, you can expect with such a sheer, glossy formula that the lasting power of these isn't all that great and it has no chance of looking perfect after a burger!  But the amazing quality and sheerer finish means that this is no trouble to apply on the go and even without a mirror.
Yep, its fair to say I'm well and truly obsessed.  And rightly so!  If you've tried this or want to try it, feel free to leave me a comment, it would be nice to know I'm not the only one falling in love with a lipstick!


Follow me on | bloglovin | instagram | twitter

11 comments:

  1. That shade looks so pretty! I'm yet to try a YSL lipstick but I really want to, the quality sounds amazing and I love the packaging!

    Millie x | Millies Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I completely recommend them and can't wait to buy more, they're worth the money! I love your blog btw xx

      Delete
  2. Such lovely color! And yes some lip products and burgers aren't the best of friends lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only they were! Why can't my two favourite things just get along?! ;)

      Delete
  3. I think I'm in love---what a pretty lipstick <3 It looks gorgeous on you! Unfortunately burgers and lipstick cannot be friends. Can they just sign a peace treaty already?! Haha
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Apparently they've had an ongoing feud since the 1880s when the first burger was made, so I don't think there will be a peace treaty signed any time soon! Hahaha ;) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love YSL packaging, it just feels like luxury! This is such a lovely colour too, perfect for summer - really suits you :)

    Helena xx

    www.helbells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, the packaging is amazing and definitely makes it worth the money! xx

      Delete
  5. This color is actually so lovely! I have been loving nude lips at the moment too!

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, its very underrated! I think either nude or bright pink lips are perfect for summer, oh and subtle orange too! I'm a bit obsessed ;) xx

      Delete
  6. The color is amazing!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!