Sunday 5 October 2014

FASHION STAPLES: AUTUMN


Autumn is by far my favourite season, and alongside Halloween, Bonfire Night and the leaves I love the clothes!  My clothes tend to stay fairly monochrome with a few hints of colour and recently I have been loving adding more pattern into my outfits.  I also love to layer up seeing as the weather here in the UK has been changing so much over the last month.
So here is what you need for autumnal layering galore;

SCARVES
Whether they are fluffy, floaty or fuzzy I love them.  Scarves are brilliant for layering up adding colour to an outfit and keeping warm so it's no surprise they are an autumn favourite.

JUMPERS
I own far too many jumpers its becoming a problem, but I can't help myself! They are cosy, layer-able(?) and they look lovely.  What's not to love?

BLACK JEANS
Black jeans are such a great staple, seriously.  Not only are they warmer and more conservative than leggings but they go with everything!

BOOTS
Perfect for pairing with warm, thick socks and skirts.  I'm head over heels (excuse the pun) for boots this month, especially these New Look ones as seen on my instagram.

SHIRTS
Yet another layering essential (spotting a theme here anyone?).  Whether the shirt is flannel or denim I have been loving them all recently, they form some of the most versatile pieces in my wardrobe (alongside basic bodycon dresses).


Autumnal nails are also a fashion staple!  Think dark colours and matte textures.  Does anyone want to see a post of my favourites?

Follow me on | bloglovin | instagram | twitter |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!