Monday 7 April 2014

Review: the body shop big and curvy mascara


Over the years I have tried and tested my fair share of products from The Body Shop and loved them all! But from lipsticks to shampoo to body butter, I have never come across a product surrounded by so much controversy as this!  If you take a look on The Body Shop website, you will see that this mascara is labelled as a 'best seller', however after looking through the reviews I found this very misleading.
The reviews are mixed, its defiantly the marmite of mascaras, love it or hate it I thought I would share my own opinions;  the first thing that I noticed about this mascara was the wand, nothing too shocking but I rarely see a skinny wand with fibers (like a brush rather than a comb).  The wand picks up plenty of product, too much in some cases and can cause my lashes to clump together, but other times I have used it is has created lovely, long, natural looking lashes, never much volume though
As non-waterproof mascaras go, this one is pretty long lasting and holds a curl well (I don't curl my lashes often though).
One use that I love for this is on my bottom lashes, every time it subtly defines and lengthens them without smudging at all!

Overall, it's nice enough but doesn't give such a 'wow' feeling as others I have tried.  For £10 (not exactly the cheapest) I think there are plenty of other mascaras that are better than this, but who knows?  This might be the one you fall in love with?

Have you tried this mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!