Sunday 12 January 2014

mad for matte.

Recently quite a few matte products seem to have been jumping into my collection and I can't help but say, I'm loving it!








First up, a well known and affordable favourite, Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish matte lipstick in the shade 107.  If you haven't heard about this beauty, where have you been?  This matte lipstick is a deep red/wine shade and the formula is well pigmented, long lasting and non-drying with no chalky effect that often ruins matte lipsticks.  It gets the thumbs up from me!

Next, the Barry M matte nail paint (currently 2 for £6 in Superdrug) in the shades 'crush'(deep red, the photo's don't do this shade justice) and 'mocha'(medium warm brown).  This collection has a disappointingly small colour range, all based on coffee shades, hence the names. The formula is nice but these do tend to chip quite quickly and the 'matte' effect fades after a few days.  However I do love a matte nail and I think these are good for the small price tag, if you like neutral colours then these will suit you well.
A little tip I learnt recently to achieve matte nails is to place them over some boiling water straight after they have been painted, the steam will make them appear matte (click here for a video tutorial).

The NARS velvet matte lip pencils have been all over the blogosphere over the past few months, probably due to their amazing colour range, non drying and super long-lasting formula (beats the Rimmel lasting finish lipstick).  I received the NARS promiscuous lip pencil set for my birthday and have not gone a day without these beauties since!  Defiantly worth the hype!

And finally I threw in a set of skin clear blotting papers and my current powder, Natural collection pressed powder because these are the tools you need to create matte skin, they both work well to reduce shine and aren't too harsh on your purse balance!  The blotting papers or a translucent powder can be applied over any lipstick to reduce the shine and make them appear matte too, make sure you use a tissue for this step!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of my current favourite matte products and I am on the look out for more so leave any suggestions below!


Emma x

1 comment:

  1. Why thank you! I will give your blog a follow now! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!